Choosing the best modular helmet 2019 can be tricky if you are not sure what type of riding it will be used for. It hard to choose because there are many helmet brands on the market. We made it easy for you by review of top 5 modular motorcycle helmets below.
Before go there you need to know about types of helmet. Different types of helmet include modular, full-face, three-quarter, half shell, dual sport and off-road.
A full-face helmet covers the entire face and head, whereas the three-quarter helmet has the head covered but not the face of the rider. The modular motorcycle helmet is a hybrid of both the three-quarter and full face helmet.
Review of the Best Modular Motorcycle Helmets
|Shoei Neotec Gloss White Modular Helmet - X-Small||18 Reviews||$510.65||Buy on Amazon|
|HJC 980-615 IS-MAX II Modular Motorcycle Helmet (Matte Black, X-Large)||243 Reviews||from $174.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Bell Revolver Evo Modular Motorcycle Helmet (Rally Matte Black/White, Medium)||1 Reviews||from $104.00||Buy on Amazon|
|GLX Modular Helmet with Sun Shield (Matte Black, Medium)||177 Reviews||$76.57||Buy on Amazon|
|Nolan N90 Helmet (Flat Black, X-Small)||25 Reviews||from $171.64||Buy on Amazon|
1. Shoei Solid Neotec Modular Motorcycle Helmet
Shoei has been producing flip up helmets over the years and the Neotec is a proof of its evolution. This model made a buzz in 2012 because of its versatility. As soon as you take it out of its packaging, you can definitely say that there is something unique in this helmet.
Neotec has a flip up chin bar that instantly converts into an open-face configuration plus the versatility and convenience of a full-face helmet.
Neotec has a wide array of colors to choose from compared to the usual flip up helmets that are limited to the basic colors. Another box Neotec checked on the list of reasons why you should buy this helmet is the internal sun shield that protects the rider from the harmful rays of the sun.
To sum it all up if you want a top-of-the-line helmet that is worth every penny, Neotec is what you should buy.
- Aerodynamic Shell Design
- Flip-Up Chin Bar and Face Shield
- 3D Interior Liner System
- Standards: DOT 218
- Construction: AIM (Advanced Integrated Matrix) materials
2. HJC IS-MAX II Modular Motorcycle Helmet
HCJ is notorious for releasing a massive distribution and retail of excellent motorcycle helmets at affordable prices.
In 2009, HCJ released the IS-Max series in the typical basic colors which could have used a thicker clear coat because it easily showed scratches. They may have overlooked the aesthetics, but talking about quality, they aced it.
The liner fits comfortably well, the visor’s latch has a smooth feel through its arc and it is excellent compared to other flip-up helmets.
The HCJ IS-Max has the similar fit compared to other flip-up helmets in the market. It has a thicker-than-average chin bar but when it comes to the removable liner, comfort is the only one word for it.
The helmet’s luxuriously smooth padding, and the liner snaps than holds the liner securely will make you put this helmet in your list.
- Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell with Adjustable Polycarbonate Chinbar: Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology
- Single-Button One Handed Chin Bar/Face Shield Release
- Optically Superior Pinlock Faceshield (HJ-17): Provides 95 percent U.V. Protection; QuickSlide Tool-less Shield Replacement System; Pinlock Insert sold separately
- One-touch Integrated SunShield (HJ-V5): Smoke-tinted 3-stage adjustable SunShield with locking mechanism deploys quickly and easily; Multiple Optional SunShields available
- ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System: Full front to back airflow flushes heat and humidity up and out
3. Bell Revolver Evo Modular Helmet
In 2011, Bell helmets released its first flip-up helmet, Bell Revolver that incorporated many of the features of their line of helmets.
The Bell Revolver has an angular and modern style that made it stand out compared to the average flip-up helmets in the market. Bell usually plays with graphics, patterns and colors, but in the case of the Bell Revolver, they only had solid colors and sadly, it scratches pretty easily.
The liner is well-padded and can be removed which makes it comfortable to wear. The face shield has the click release feature that most Bell helmets have which makes removing and re-installing it pretty easy.
The Bell revolver met the DOT standard and has a five year warranty which will be the selling point of this helmet.
- Helmet shown with optional tinted shield. Ships with clear shield only
- Lightweight Polycarbonate/ABS Shell Construction. Click Release Shield for fast, easy and tool-free shield replacement. NutraFog II anti-fog, anti-scratch and UV protected shield
- Velocity Flow Ventilation system with Flow Adjust. Drop-down sunshield offers "on the fly" protection from the sun. Contoured Cheek pads. Removable/washable interior
- Exclusive Magnefusion magnetic strap keeper. Chin Curtain to prevent cold air from entering the helmet. Padded chin strap with D-ring closure
- Industry-leading Five-year.DOT approved. Meets the FMVSS 218 Standard
4. GLX Modular Helmet with Sun Shield
The GLX Modular Helmet with Sun Shield has a high impact resistant thermoplastic outer shell ready for advanced protection to prevent head injuries. The outer shell, however, could have used a thicker clear coat as it scratches easily.
Visibility wise, another great feature of this helmet is the anti-fog and anti-scratch shield that allows you to have constant visibility which is a bonus for safety. Shields that are fogged up can cause serious accidents and injuries. There is no need to wear glasses because the built-in sun shield is nicely tinted allowing the rider to have a clear and wide view of the road.
The liner is removable, comfortably well-padded and washable too. The GLX Modular helmet with sun shield is an affordable helmet that has features that you can enjoy.
Nowadays, there are helmets that are color-coordinated with the motorcycle, some offer additional features while others can even be bought at a very affordable price.
Aesthetically, there are a lot of beautifully designed and colorful helmets that are being offered in the market, but the question is what do you really need a helmet for? While color, type, durability, brand and fit are things to consider in buying a helmet, it is wise to prioritize safety.
- High impact resistant thermoplastic outer shell
- Advanced channeling ventilation system
- Anti-fog/anti scratch face shield
- Integrated sun shield
- Fully removable/washable liner
5. Nolan N90 Helmet
Compared to huge helmet companies like Shoei and other big players, Nolan can be considered as an underdog. All of that changed when the new entry to their helmet line up N90 N-COM was released and Nolan emerged to the top.
During unboxing, the first thing that you will notice on this modular helmet is its solid shiny clear coat. Nolan’s Hi-Brite Protective Hard Coating finish makes a recognizable difference when it comes to keeping the helmet looking nice regardless how you frequently use it.
Though the N90 does not have the innovative style of Nexx 30 or Caberg Sintesi, its modern look flatters its state of the art design.
N90’s Face Shield’s slightly canted down design of the sides of the face shield’s eye port doesn’t affect visibility, it may have even made it better. N90’s Sun Visor includes a Pinlock Anti-Fog Visor to prevent fogging.
The rotating visor has two unique safety devices that keeps it securely locked. Talking about being user-friendly, by pressing either side of the securely-locked-in-position rotating visor, you can replace and remove the face shield. Its comfortable helmet’s fit should get a thumbs up for taking care of what is being overlooked by most manufacturers.
Overall, N90 N-COM should be on top of your list if comfortability is your priority.
Buying the best modular helmet 2019 which main purpose is to protect your head, is an extremely serious matter. No matter what the price is, remember that a helmet is an investment. What you wear to protect your head represents how you value one of the most important parts of your body, your brain.